From H7306; wind; by resemblance breath, that is, a sensible (or even violent) exhalation; figuratively life, anger, unsubstantiality; by extension a region of the
sky; by resemblance spirit, but only of a rational being (including its expression and functions): - air, anger, blast, breath, X cool, courage, mind, X quarter, X side, spirit
([-ual]), tempest, X vain, ([whirl-]) wind (-y).
From H5395; a puff, that is, wind, angry or vital breath, divine inspiration, intellect or (concretely) an animal: - blast, (that) breath (-eth), inspiration, soul, spirit.
From G4154; a current of air, that is, breath (blast) or a breeze; by analogy or figuratively a spirit, that is, (human) the rational soul, (by implication) vital
principle, mental disposition, etc., or (superhuman) an angel, daemon, or (divine) God, Christís spirit, the Holy spirit:
- ghost, life, spirit (-ual, -ually), mind. Compare G5590.
ESSENTIAL VERSES HAVE BEEN ADDED TO CONFIRM THE MAIN VERSES
THE MAIN VERSES ARE IN BOLD
01. Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God
moved upon the face of the waters.
02. Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and
man became a living soul.
03. Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall
be an hundred and twenty years.
04. Gen 41:38 And Pharaoh said unto his servants, Can we find such a one as this is, a man in whom the Spirit of God is?
05. Exo 28:3 And thou shalt speak unto all that are wise hearted, whom I have filled with the spirit of wisdom, that they
may make Aaron's garments to consecrate him, that he may minister unto me in the priest's office.
06. Exo 31:3 And I have filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, and in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all
manner of workmanship,
07. Exo 35:31 And he hath filled him with the spirit of God, in wisdom, in understanding, and in knowledge, and in all
manner of workmanship;
08. Num 11:17 And I will come down and talk with thee there: and I will take of the spirit which is upon thee, and will put it upon them; and they shall bear the burden of the people with thee,
that thou bear it not thyself alone.
09. Num 11:25 And the LORD came down in a cloud, and spake unto him, and took of the spirit that was upon him, and gave it unto the seventy elders: and it came to pass, that, when the spirit
rested upon them, they prophesied, and did not cease.
10. Num 11:26 But there remained two of the men in the camp, the name of the one was Eldad, and the name of the other Medad: and the spirit rested upon them; and they were
of them that were written, but went not out unto the tabernacle: and they prophesied in the camp.
11. Num 11:29 And Moses said unto him, Enviest thou for my sake? would God that all the LORD'S people were prophets, and that the LORD would put his spirit upon them!
12. Num 14:24 But my servant Caleb, because he had another spirit with him, and hath followed me fully, him will I bring into the
land whereinto he went; and his seed shall possess it.
ALSO CALEBíS SPIRIT, BECAUSE GODíS SPIRIT WAS WITH CALEBíS SPIRIT.
13. Num 24:2 And Balaam lifted up his eyes, and he saw Israel abiding in his tents according to their tribes; and the spirit of God came upon him.
14. Num 27:18 And the LORD said unto Moses, Take thee Joshua the son of Nun, a man in whom is the spirit, and lay thine hand upon him;
15. Deu 34:9 And Joshua the son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom; for Moses had
laid his hands upon him: and the children of Israel hearkened unto him, and did as the LORD commanded Moses.
ALSO JOSHUAíS SPIRIT, BECAUSE GODíS SPIRIT WAS WITH JOSHUAíS SPIRIT.
Jdg 3:9 And when the children of Israel cried unto the LORD, the LORD raised up a deliverer to the children of Israel, who delivered them, even Othniel the son of Kenaz, Caleb's younger brother. 16. Jdg 3:10 And the Spiritof the LORD came upon him, and he judged Israel, and went out to war: and the LORD delivered Chushanrishathaim king of
Mesopotamia into his hand; and his hand prevailed against Chushanrishathaim.
17. Jdg 6:34 But the Spirit of the LORD came upon Gideon, and he blew a trumpet; and Abiezer was gathered after him.
18. Jdg 9:23 Then God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously
POSSIBLY 3 MEANINGS OR KINDS:
1. GOD SENDS HIS SPIRIT TO CREATE MISTRUST AND HATE BETWEEN THEM.
2. GOD SENDS AN ATMOSPHERE AND HEART OF MISTRUST AND HATE BETWEEN THEM.
3. GOD SENDS AN ACTUAL EVIL SPIRIT TO CAUSE MISTRUST AND HATE BETWEEN THEM.
19. Jdg 11:29 Then the Spirit of the LORD came upon Jephthah, and he passed over Gilead, and Manasseh, and passed over Mizpeh of Gilead, and from Mizpeh of Gilead he passed over unto
the children of Ammon.
20. Jdg 13:25 And the Spirit of the LORD began to move him at times in the camp of Dan between Zorah and Eshtaol.
21. Jdg 14:6 And the Spirit of the LORD came mightily upon him, and he rent him as he would have rent a kid, and he had nothing
in his hand: but he told not his father or his mother what he had done.
22. Jdg 14:19 And the Spirit of the LORD came upon him, and he went down to Ashkelon, and slew thirty men of them, and
took their spoil, and gave change of garments unto them which expounded the riddle. And his anger was kindled, and he went up to his father's house.
23. Jdg 15:14 And when he came unto Lehi, the Philistines shouted against him: and the Spirit of the LORD came mightily upon him, and the cords that were upon
his arms became as flax that was burnt with fire, and his bands loosed from off his hands.
24. 1Sa 10:6 And the Spirit of the LORD will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into
25. 1Sa 10:10 And when they came thither to the hill, behold, a company of prophets met him; and the Spirit of God came
upon him, and he prophesied among them.
26. 1Sa 11:6 And the Spirit of God came upon Saul when he heard those tidings, and his anger was kindled greatly.
27. 1Sa 16:13 Then Samuel took the horn of oil, and anointed him in the midst of his brethren: and the Spirit of the LORD
came upon David from that day forward. So Samuel rose up, and went to Ramah.
28. 1Sa 16:14 But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.
AN EVIL SPIRIT FROM THE LORD CAN MEAN THE FOLLOWING:
1. THE LORD SENT HIS OWN SPIRIT TO TROUBLE SAUL.
2. THE LORD SENT AN EVIL SPIRIT TO DWELL IN SAUL.
3. THE LORD MADE SAULíS SPIRIT EVIL.
29. 1Sa 16:15 And Saul's servants said unto him, Behold now, an evil spirit from God troubleth thee.
30. 1Sa 16:16 Let our lord now command thy servants, which are before thee, to seek out a man, who is a cunning player on an harp: and it shall come to pass, when the evil spirit from God is
upon thee, that he shall play with his hand, and thou shalt be well.
31. 1Sa 16:23 And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit
departed from him.
32. 1Sa 18:10 And it came to pass on the morrow, that the evil spirit from God came upon Saul, and he prophesied in the midst of the house: and David played with his hand, as at other times: and
there was a javelin in Saul's hand.
33. 1Sa 19:9 And the evil spirit from the LORD was upon Saul, as he sat in his house with his javelin in his hand: and David played with his hand.
34. 1Sa 19:20 And Saul sent messengers to take David: and when they saw the company of the prophets prophesying, and Samuel standing as appointed over them, the Spirit of God was upon the
messengers of Saul, and they also prophesied.
35. 1Sa 19:23 And he went thither to Naioth in Ramah: and the Spirit of God was upon him also, and he went on, and
prophesied, until he came to Naioth in Ramah.
36. 2Sa 23:2 The Spirit of the LORD spake by me, and his word was in my tongue.
37. 1Ki 18:12 And it shall come to pass, as soon as I am gone from thee, that the Spirit of the LORD shall carry thee whither I know not; and so when
I come and tell Ahab, and he cannot find thee, he shall slay me: but I thy servant fear the LORD from my youth.
38. 1Ki 22:24 But Zedekiah the son of Chenaanah went near, and smote Micaiah on the cheek, and said, Which way went the Spirit of
the LORD from me to speak unto thee?
39. 2Ki 2:16 And they said unto him, Behold now, there be with thy servants fifty strong men; let them go, we pray thee, and seek thy master: lest peradventure the Spirit
of the LORD hath taken him up, and cast him upon some mountain, or into some valley. And he said, Ye shall not send.
40. 1Ch 12:18 Then the spirit came upon Amasai, who was chief of the captains, and he said, Thine are we, David, and on thy side, thou son of Jesse: peace, peace be unto thee, and peace be
to thine helpers; for thy God helpeth thee. Then David received them, and made them captains of the band.
41. 1Ch 28:12 And the pattern of all that he had by the spirit, of the courts of the house of the LORD, and of all the chambers round about, of the treasuries of the house of God, and of the
treasuries of the dedicated things:
42. 2Ch 15:1 And the Spirit of God came upon Azariah the son of Oded:
43. 2Ch 18:23 Then Zedekiah the son of Chenaanah came near, and smote Micaiah upon the cheek, and said, Which way went the Spirit of
the LORD from me to speak unto thee?
44. 2Ch 20:14 Then upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, came the Spirit
of the LORD in the midst of the congregation;
45. 2Ch 24:20 And the Spirit of God came upon Zechariah the son of Jehoiada the priest, which stood above the people, and
said unto them, Thus saith God, Why transgress ye the commandments of the LORD, that ye cannot prosper? because ye have forsaken the LORD, he hath also forsaken you.
46. Neh 9:20 Thou gavest also thy good spirit to instruct them, and withheldest not thy manna from their mouth, and gavest them water for their thirst.
47. Neh 9:30 Yet many years didst thou forbear them, and testifiedst against them by thy spirit in thy prophets: yet would
they not give ear: therefore gavest thou them into the hand of the people of the lands.
48. Job 4:15 Then a spirit passed before my face; the hair of my flesh stood up:
COULD BE GODĎS SPIRIT, OR AN ANGEL, OR AN EVIL SPIRIT.
THIS VERSE IS NOT CLEAR ABOUT WHOSE SPIRIT IT IS REFERRING.
49. Job 26:13 By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.
50. Job 27:3 All the while my breath is in me, and the spirit of God is in my nostrils;
MORE THAN LIKELY MANĎS SPIRIT, NOT GODĎS SPIRIT.
OR, COULD POSSIBLY MEAN A PORTION OF GOD'S SPIRIT.
THE NEXT VERSE IS A GREAT EXAMPLE OF A PORTION OF GOD'S SPIRIT!
51. Job 33:4 The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.
52. Job 34:14 If he set his heart upon man, if he gather unto himself his spirit and his breath;
Job 34:15 All flesh shall perish together, and man shall turn again unto dust.
53. Psa 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
54. Psa 51:12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
55. Psa 104:30 Thou sendest forth thy spirit, they are created: and thou renewest the face of the earth.
56. Psa 139:7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
57. Psa 143:10 Teach me to do thy will; for thou art my God: thy spirit is good; lead me into the land of uprightness.
Pro 1:22 How long, ye simple ones, will ye love simplicity? and the scorners delight in their scorning, and fools hate knowledge? 58. Pro 1:23 Turn you at my reproof: behold, I will pour out my spiritunto you, I will make known my words unto you.
59. Pro 16:32 He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city.
OUR GOD CHRIST JESUS GAVE US THIS VERSE, BECAUSE HE RULES HIS OWN SPIRIT!
60. Pro 25:28 He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.
THIS VERSE IS SPEAKING OF GODíS/CHRISTíS SPIRIT, AND MANíS SPIRIT.
61. Ecc 1:14 I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.
THIS VERSE CAN MEAN GODíS/CHRISTíS SPIRIT, MANíS SPIRIT, AND EVIL SPIRITíS.
62. Ecc 1:17 And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.
63. Isa 4:4 When the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion, and shall have purged the blood of Jerusalem from the midst thereof by the
spirit of judgment, and by the spirit of burning.
Isa 11:1 And there shall come forth a rod out of the stem of Jesse, and a Branch shall grow out of his roots: 64. Isa 11:2 And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spiritof knowledge and of the fear of the
LORD; Isa 11:3 And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:
Isa 28:5 In that day shall the LORD of hosts be for a crown of glory, and for a diadem of beauty, unto the residue of his people, 65. Isa 28:6 And for a spiritof judgment to him that sitteth in judgment, and for strength to them that turn the battle to the gate.
66. Isa 30:1 Woe to the rebellious children, saith the LORD, that take counsel, but not of me; and that cover with a covering, but not of my spirit, that they may add sin to sin:
Isa 32:14 Because the palaces shall be forsaken; the multitude of the city shall be left; the forts and towers shall be for dens for ever, a joy of wild asses, a pasture of flocks; 67. Isa 32:15 Until the spiritbe poured upon us from on high, and the wilderness be a fruitful field, and the fruitful field be counted for a forest. Isa 32:16 Then judgment shall dwell in the wilderness, and righteousness remain in the fruitful field.
68. Isa 34:16 Seek ye out of the book of the LORD, and read: no one of these shall fail, none shall want her mate: for my mouth it hath commanded, and his spirit
it hath gathered them.
69. Isa 40:7 The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the LORD bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass.
70. Isa 40:13 Who hath directed the Spirit of the LORD, or being his counsellor hath taught him?
71. Isa 44:3 For I will pour water upon him that is thirsty, and floods upon the dry ground: I will pour my spirit upon
thy seed, and my blessing upon thine offspring:
72. Isa 48:16 Come ye near unto me, hear ye this; I have not spoken in secret from the beginning; from the time that it was, there am I: and now the Lord GOD, and his Spirit, hath sent me.
73. Isa 59:19 So shall they fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun. When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit
of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.
74. Isa 59:21 As for me, this is my covenant with them, saith the LORD; My spirit that is upon thee, and my words which I
have put in thy mouth, shall not depart out of thy mouth, nor out of the mouth of thy seed, nor out of the mouth of thy seed's seed, saith the LORD, from henceforth and for ever.
75. Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to
the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
76. Isa 63:10 But they rebelled, and vexed his holy Spirit: therefore he was turned to be their enemy, and he fought
77. Isa 63:11 Then he remembered the days of old, Moses, and his people, saying, Where is he that brought them up out of the sea with the shepherd of his flock? where is he that put his holy
Spirit within him?
78. Isa 63:14 As a beast goeth down into the valley, the Spirit of the LORD caused him to rest: so didst thou lead thy
people, to make thyself a glorious name.
Eze 2:1 And he said unto me, Son of man, stand upon thy feet, and I will speak unto thee. 79. Eze 2:2 And the spiritentered into me when he spake unto me, and set me upon my feet, that I heard him that spake unto me.
80. Eze 3:24 Then the spirit entered into me, and set me upon my feet, and spake with me, and said unto me, Go, shut
thyself within thine house.
81. Eze 11:5 And the Spirit of the LORD fell upon me, and said unto me, Speak; Thus saith the LORD; Thus have ye said, O house of Israel: for I know the things that come into your mind, every
one of them.
82. Eze 11:24 Afterwards the spirit took me up, and brought me in a vision by the Spirit of
God into Chaldea, to them of the captivity. So the vision that I had seen went up from me.
THIS VERSE SPEAKS OF BOTH GODíS SPIRIT AND AN ANGELíS SPIRIT.
83. Eze 36:26 A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
THIS VERSE SPEAKS OF BOTH GODíS SPIRIT AND MANíS SPIRIT.
84. Eze 36:27 And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.
85. Eze 37:1 The hand of the LORD was upon me, and carried me out in the spirit of the LORD, and set me down in the midst of the valley which was full
86. Eze 37:14 And shall put my spirit in you, and ye shall live, and I shall place you in your own land: then shall ye know that I the LORD have spoken it, and performed it, saith the LORD.
87. Eze 39:29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I have poured out my spirit upon the house of Israel,
saith the Lord GOD.
88. Eze 43:5 So the spirit took me up, and brought me into the inner court; and, behold, the glory of the LORD filled the house.
THIS VERSE COULD BE SPEAKING OF GODíS SPIRIT AND AN ANGELíS SPIRIT.
89. Joe 2:28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men
shall see visions:
90. Joe 2:29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit.
91. Mic 2:7 O thou that art named the house of Jacob, is the spirit of the LORD straitened? are these his doings? do not
my words do good to him that walketh uprightly?
92. Mic 3:8 But truly I am full of power by the spirit of the LORD, and of judgment, and of might, to declare unto Jacob
his transgression, and to Israel his sin.
93. Hag 2:5 According to the word that I covenanted with you when ye came out of Egypt, so my spirit remaineth among you: fear ye not.
94. Zec 4:6 Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.
95. Zec 6:8 Then cried he upon me, and spake unto me, saying, Behold, these that go toward the north country have quieted my spirit in the north country.
96. Zec 7:12 Yea, they made their hearts as an adamant stone, lest they should hear the law, and the words which the LORD of hosts hath sent in his spirit by the former prophets: therefore came
a great wrath from the LORD of hosts.
97. Zec 12:10 And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and
they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.
THIS VERSE SPEAKS OF GODíS/CHRISTíS SPIRIT.
98. Mal 2:15 And did not he make one? Yet had he the residue of the spirit. And wherefore one? That he might seek a godly seed. Therefore take heed to your spirit, and let none deal
treacherously against the wife of his youth.
THIS VERSE SPEAKS OF BOTH GODíS SPIRIT AND MANíS SPIRIT.
THIS NEXT VERSE IS NOT A PART OF THE VERSES THAT SPEAK OF GODíS/CHRISTíS SOUL.
THIS VERSE SPEAKS OF GOD'S HOLY SPIRIT.
99. Mat 1:18 Now the birth of Jesus Christ was on this wise: When as his mother Mary was espoused to Joseph, before they came together, she was found with child of the Holy
Ghost. HOLY GHOST IN THE NT IS MUCH MORE GENERAL THAN HOLY SPIRIT IN THE OT.
HOLY SPIRIT IN THE OT IS DEFINED MORE SPECIFICALLY AS GODíS SPIRIT.
HOLY GHOST IN THE NT IS DEFINED AS POSSIBLY GODíS SOUL OR SPIRIT.
UNLESS OTHERWISE NOTED, HOLY GHOST SHOULD BE KNOWN AS GODíS SPIRIT.
HOLY GHOST IN THE NT IS ALSO REFERRING TO JESUS CHRISTíS SPIRIT, NOT HISSOUL.
Mat 1:19 Then Joseph her husband, being a just man, and not willing to make her a publick example, was minded to put her away privily. 100. Mat 1:20 But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy
wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.
101. Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and
102. Mat 3:16 And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the Spirit of
God descending like a dove, and lighting upon him:
103. Mat 4:1 Then was Jesus led up of the Spirit into the wilderness to be tempted of the devil.
Mat 10:18 And ye shall be brought before governors and kings for my sake, for a testimony against them and the Gentiles.
Mat 10:19 But when they deliver you up, take no thought how or what ye shall speak: for it shall be given you in that same hour what ye shall speak. 104. Mat 10:20 For it is not ye that speak, but the Spiritof your Father which speaketh in you.
Mat 12:14 Then the Pharisees went out, and held a council against him, how they might destroy him.
Mat 12:15 But when Jesus knew it, he withdrew himself from thence: and great multitudes followed him, and he healed them all;
Mat 12:16 And charged them that they should not make him known:
Mat 12:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, 105. Mat 12:18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles. Mat 12:19 He shall not strive, nor cry; neither shall any man hear his voice in the streets.
Mat 12:20 A bruised reed shall he not break, and smoking flax shall he not quench, till he send forth judgment unto victory.
Mat 12:21 And in his name shall the Gentiles trust.
106. Mat 12:28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you.
107. Mat 12:31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost
shall not be forgiven unto men.
108. Mat 12:32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world,
neither in the world to come.
109. Mat 26:41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.
110. Mat 27:50 Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
Mat 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went away into Galilee, into a mountain where Jesus had appointed them.
Mat 28:17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
Mat 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 111. Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Mat 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
112. Mar 1:8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost. Mar 1:9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan. 113. Mar 1:10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spiritlike a dove descending upon him: Mar 1:11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 114. Mar 1:12 And immediately the Spiritdriveth him into the wilderness. Mar 1:13 And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted of Satan; and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered unto him.
Mar 2:1 And again he entered into Capernaum after some days; and it was noised that he was in the house.
Mar 2:2 And straightway many were gathered together, insomuch that there was no room to receive them, no, not so much as about the door: and he preached the word unto them.
Mar 2:3 And they come unto him, bringing one sick of the palsy, which was borne of four.
Mar 2:4 And when they could not come nigh unto him for the press, they uncovered the roof where he was: and when they had broken it up, they let down the bed wherein the sick of the palsy lay.
Mar 2:5 When Jesus saw their faith, he said unto the sick of the palsy, Son, thy sins be forgiven thee.
Mar 2:6 But there were certain of the scribes sitting there, and reasoning in their hearts,
Mar 2:7 Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? who can forgive sins but God only? 115. Mar 2:8 And immediately when Jesus perceived in his spiritthat they so reasoned within themselves, he said unto them, Why reason ye these things in your hearts? Mar 2:9 Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?
Mar 2:10 But that ye may know that the Son of man hath power on earth to forgive sins, (he saith to the sick of the palsy,)
Mar 3:28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: 116. Mar 3:29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghosthath never forgiveness, but is in danger of
117. Mar 3:30 Because they said, He hath an unclean spirit.
118. Mar 8:12 And he sighed deeply in his spirit, and saith, Why doth this generation seek after a sign? verily I say unto you, There shall no sign be given unto this generation.
119. Mar 12:36 For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.
120. Mar 13:11 But when they shall lead you, and deliver you up, take no thought beforehand what ye shall speak, neither do ye premeditate: but whatsoever shall be given you in that hour, that
speak ye: for it is not ye that speak, but the Holy Ghost.
121. Mar 14:38 Watch ye and pray, lest ye enter into temptation. The spirit truly is ready, but the flesh is weak.
122. Mar 15:37 And Jesus cried with a loud voice, and gave up the ghost.
123. Mar 15:39 And when the centurion, which stood over against him, saw that he so cried out, and gave up the ghost, he said, Truly this man was the Son of God.
Luk 1:13 But the angel said unto him, Fear not, Zacharias: for thy prayer is heard; and thy wife Elisabeth shall bear thee a son, and thou shalt call his name John.
Luk 1:14 And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth. 124. Luk 1:15 For he shall be great in the sight of the Lord, and shall drink neither wine nor strong drink; and he shall be filled with the Holy Ghost, even from his mother's womb. Luk 1:16 And many of the children of Israel shall he turn to the Lord their God. 125. Luk 1:17 And he shall go before him in the spiritand power of Elias, to turn the hearts of the fathers to the children, and the disobedient
to the wisdom of the just; to make ready a people prepared for the Lord.
126. Luk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee:
therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.
Luk 1:39 And Mary arose in those days, and went into the hill country with haste, into a city of Juda;
Luk 1:40 And entered into the house of Zacharias, and saluted Elisabeth. 127. Luk 1:41 And it came to pass, that, when Elisabeth heard the salutation of Mary, the babe leaped in her womb; and Elisabeth was filled with the Holy Ghost: Luk 1:42 And she spake out with a loud voice, and said, Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb.
Luk 1:43 And whence is this to me, that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
Luk 1:44 For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in my womb for joy.
128. Luk 1:67 And his father Zacharias was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,
Luk 1:68 Blessed be the Lord God of Israel; for he hath visited and redeemed his people,
Luk 1:69 And hath raised up an horn of salvation for us in the house of his servant David;